This workshop demystifies the incredibly versatile art form of puppetry and arms participants with the basic skills to create characters and devise visual stories. In a series of exercises focusing on the fundamental manipulation skills participants will gain a grounding in Dead Puppet Society’s iconic puppetry work.
Workshop content includes:
• The crafting and use of paper, object, and laser-cut training puppets
• An understanding of Visual Theatre Techniques and Conventions
• An introduction to puppet manipulation skills
• The opportunity to devise small scale visual theatre performances
• A focus on movement and shape to create visual symbol & meaning.
Facilitator: Helen Stephens.
Director of Photography: Justin Harrison
60 – 120mins | Primary/Secondary